1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To you ... we throw the torch (2010 sj.com CFB poll has a new owner)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Jun 26, 2010.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Having previously retired from the poll panel, I would like to thank slappy for his great work over the past few years, Best of luck Coco, you've got a tough act to follow when it comes to entertaining us with poll stories.

2. Huh-huh. Huh-huh. You said "poll."

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Thanks to Slappy for all his hard work and for his rightful admonishment of a dumbass Canuckistani who at least once sent in a ballot with the same team twice.

Good luck to Coco, it's a tough act to follow.

Glad to be back representin' the Great White North!

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hey, I never said which poll I was putting them No. 1 in.

5. Sent you a PM, Coco. Long-time reader of the site hoping my second application for a vote is accepted.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'll bump this thread to provide an update. We've added Mystery Meat II, Songbird, dparker85 and Dragon Steamboat to the list of poll voters. Welcome aboard!

Thanks to the pollsters who have already sent me their preseason top 25 picks. The deadline for everyone else is noon CDT on Monday, the same as slappy's deadline.

Oh, and there's a limit of three MAC teams per ballot, so plan accordingly, Eastern Michigan fans ... ;)

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I'm going to rank three MAC teams in others receiving votes!

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

When does the poll come out?

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Are you sure that should be plural?

10. I Should Coco

The poll should be posted sometime Monday afternoon, Aug. 23. I'll start a new "SJ College Football Poll" thread for the season.

11. I Should Coco

One more reminder to voters ... need those preseason top 25 picks by noon CDT on Monday.

Votes are starting to roll in. So far, we have four different teams picked in the No. 1 slot.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You know, I probably should get my ballot done... it's far different than typing it in on my own excel sheet....

Which reminds me... PM me your email addy and I'll send you a last year's spreadsheet to work from...

Draft saved Draft deleted