1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To you ... we throw the torch (2010 sj.com CFB poll has a new owner)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Jun 26, 2010.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: Futbol's dead; long live football (2010 SportsJournalists.com CFB poll seeks voters)

Not only is it fun, but this year, I'm thinking of a youtube video, so people can see how many times I motherfuck those who are late or have the same team twice.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: Futbol's dead; long live football (2010 SportsJournalists.com CFB poll seeks voters)

You should have a jar of Ragu put down the smack

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Proveably and demonstrably so...

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am bumping this because I'm going to set the field within the week and start the poll within two... or so.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

PM sent weeks ago.

Always a lot of fun to participate in this thing.

I would be honored to do so again.

6. Wendell Gee

Wendell Gee Member

I'm still hoping to be worthy. Sent my PM a couple of weeks back.

7. beanpole

beanpole Member

sent my PM as well, very much hoping to participate.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Slapster: Have you made your choices?

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I believe I sent my PM too. Well, I hope I did. It's a been a blast being a part of it the last two seasons.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I've had a couple things develop in the last 10 days or so.
    And it is with much regret that I must end my running the SportsJournalists.com football poll.
    Simply, it is too much for me to handle on my Mondays with some other things that have developed suddenly.
    If anyone wants to run it, I'd love to sell the franchise, so to speak. It involves about four hours a week, between tabulating the ballots, riding herd on the late entries, entering them into an excel sheet, carrying over into a word sheet, writing the story and posting it online.
    I remember the day I thought about this. Ms. Slappy and I were headed out and the idea struck. I told her to hang on, I needed to do one thing, posting the original idea thinking we'd get a few people.
    I never thought it would be this much fun -- or this involved.
    I'm open to passing the torch for the right person. But it's too much for me to take on right now...

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: To you ... we throw the torch (2010 SportsJournalists.com CFB poll seeks a new owner)

Oh. I'd still love to be a voter...

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Re: To you ... we throw the torch (2010 SportsJournalists.com CFB poll seeks a new owner)

I'd be willing, but only if I had someone else helping with the story writing and what not.

Draft saved Draft deleted