1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To you ... we throw the torch (2010 sj.com CFB poll has a new owner)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Jun 26, 2010.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: Futbol's dead; long live football (2010 SportsJournalists.com CFB poll seeks voters)

The panel has still not decided whether or not to follow the USAT lead and ban USC... thoughts?

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Re: Futbol's dead; long live football (2010 SportsJournalists.com CFB poll seeks voters)

Wait a few weeks into the season, and Lane's boys will not be worthy of ranking! Between Pete and probation, the cupboard is bare.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Being worthy isn't in the equation...

4. Re: Futbol's dead; long live football (2010 SportsJournalists.com CFB poll seeks voters)

How do you vote on the first couple of ballots: Who do you think will win the national title or who looked the best that week? Just curious.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The only question should be "Is this one of the 25 best teams in college football?" Probation is irrelevant to that.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Is this a better poll with or without Lane Kiffin...

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Hawkeyes can't wait to roll into TCF this winter and make the new digs the new Kinnick North.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just sent you a PM, Slappy.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I see that... there's still plenty of spots available...

10. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

When will you notify those who have been given a spot?

11. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

As a voter last year, I have decided to pass on voting this year due to time considerations. To anyone considering the commitment, please respect Slappy's hard work and vote a good bracket ballot and do it on time.

Edit: Wrong damn word

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

For all the Boise State lovers on SportsJournalists.com, here's the update from WAC media day:

The Broncos are the heavy favorites to win the league again. Big shocker. Read up on the rest of the league if you dare:

http://www.modbee.com/2010/07/27/1268462/boise-st-picked-to-win-wac.html

And I encourage anyone who follows college FB to consider voting in slappy's poll; he does a great job with it, and it's fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted