1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To you ... we throw the torch (2010 sj.com CFB poll has a new owner)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Jun 26, 2010.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Now that the U.S. Gha-ged aginst a buncha furriners....
    College football season kicks off in ... shoot... I don't know. A few weeks now.

And that means it's time for the fourthannual SportsJournalists.com college football poll -- written about and complained about all over the interwebs.

This season, we're (OK, I'm) looking for 37 volunteers for the poll. Other than mine, all spots are open. However, those who have voted in the past are quite encouraged to participate. Even Bubbler and BYH.

Please send me a note (PM) telling me why you want to be in; what part of the country you're currently in (specific is best; discretion is absolute) and what kind of conference ties you have (for example, Grew up watching the Big 10, went to a Big East school, cover the Mountain West)...

If this sounds fine and you can commit from late August through the bowls, you're welcome to apply. If this sounds good, but there's going to be an issue with your getting in the ballot on time (usually Noon CT on Monday, but subject to change depending on circumstances) maybe you'd best pass. This poll prompts a lot of discussion and can be a plus for this board. Debate is open to all, sniping is welcome from none.

Seriously, some people have other issues like travel and I understand that. I don't understand "I had to work late on Sunday and I just got up." --Monday happens every week, do your poll on Sunday at or before work.

Am looking for a mix of old and new blood, high and low posts, various parts of the country primarily, but welcomed from Canuckistan and -- yes, Trooper Bari participated after he moved to Asia.

I haven't decided the cutoff date for applications, but probably two weeks or so. Ah heck. Let's just call it July 31 and take it from there.

Anyone interested?

Oh, one more thing. If your going to vote for a school because you went there and you thought it would be really neat to include your alma mater in the poll even though they suck, take a pass please. This might have come up once or twice before.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Re: Futbol's dead; long live football (2010 SportsJournalists.com CFB poll seeks voters)

Fear The Gopher!

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: Futbol's dead; long live football (2010 SportsJournalists.com CFB poll seeks voters)

Outing Alert: Machine Head is Sid Hartman...

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hockey doesn't start til October.

5. Machine Head

What are you, some kind of genius?

6. Machine Head

Oh, holy crap.

That deal might get worse than Brews's Crew.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Unfortunately, I have never had the opportunity to vote for the Beagle in this poll.

8. Re: Futbol's dead; long live football (2010 SportsJournalists.com CFB poll seeks voters)

You have been PM'd.

I hope to continue voting.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I hope you start voting... I still have your ballots from last year.

10. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I'm considering, I have had a bad time in the past making sure that my votes actually make it in and my wife gets quite frustrated when part of our Sunday together is me voting. I will have to consult the boss.

11. Re: Futbol's dead; long live football (2010 SportsJournalists.com CFB poll seeks voters)

???
    I voted every week - mostly sober too. :)

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Key word: Mostly... ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted