1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To those of you who sit in the press box, How True is this statement?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by heyabbott, Nov 19, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

That can't be our Mr. Glass.
    Shottie got ethics!

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm thinking Ms. Mediator would hasten to disagree ...

3. bigugly

bigugly Member

For NFL & NBA games not true at all. For NHL, MLB, and Major College basketball and football very true. Sadly. :'(

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

This past Sunday, off the top of my head, I saw:

African Americans: Two beat writers for major papers, two columnists for major papers, deputy SE from major paper, TV sports anchor, TV reporter.

Women: Columnist for major paper, national NFL writer for major paper, national TV network reporter, three local TV reporters, local radio reporter.

There were a number of others in both categories, but like I said this is off the top of my head, and it's limited to media people I know (or at least recognize).

I don't know what -- if anything -- this proves. Just figured I'd share my experience.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I don't know if Mr. Rhoden would be happy with females being added to his argument. Unless they're African-American females. He does, after all, have a track record to protect.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Don't let Boots sneak up behind you while you're bent over, newbette.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So at the top of the profession, there is diversity, but in the middle, not so much.

Draft saved Draft deleted