1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To the extended SJ.com family...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Nov 22, 2007.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Went to cracker barrel, because I'm working and can't cook worth a damn... turkey, stuffing, potatoes, biscuits, pie and drink for 10 bucks. Yum.

2. I wish I could have watched the Pens and Sens.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's even in color.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No glowing puck, either ...

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

We had my grandmother over for Thanksgiving and drama. She provided plenty of the latter upon her return home.

As for food, everything was a home run except for the vegetables, which were a shallow sacrifice fly to Shannon Stewart in right center.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Thankfully!

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I did that last year. Good food. Nice people. It made the day of work and eating out for the holiday more than merely tolerable.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm with you. Instead of watching Manning and the Falcons, I took a two-hour nap, while falling asleep to one of my Scrubs DVDs.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

will attempt to sleep off the wild turkey.

happy thanksgiving, everyone.

10. My Thanksgiving has been a fog of eating and sleeping.

We left at 4 a.m., got to the inlaws at 7 a.m. and then slept until 12. Went out to eat at this super-huge buffet because even the inlaws had been too busy to cook ahead of time. So then came back and slept again. Woke up at 7 or 8 and ate more of the dinner the inlaws cooked. Did catch the first quarter of the ASU-USC game. Then went back to sleep at 11 p.m., and just woke up a bit ago.

Just did the math: about 13 hours of sleep over the last 23 hours. Not bad.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

throw in a hummer, and that's better than a vacation in my book.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Might have been my best one yet. Three turkeys - fried, smoked and baked. All delicious. My sister made oyster stuffing. Tried some new beer by Miller with a hint of lime that my brother-in-law contributed.
    Two new family members I hadn't seen yet are here, too, so it's cool. We're all so old and our kids keep having kids - not mine yet!
    Only downer is my son isn't here. He's off playing the dutiful boyfriend. Talked to him a lot, though.

Usually I look forward to the end. Not this time. One more day with family and then I drag my fat ass back to work for a long, long, long, long, long day tomorrow.

Draft saved Draft deleted