1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To shampoo or not to shampoo

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Jan 28, 2009.

?

When getting a haircut, do you spring for the shampoo/head massage?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. No

24 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. I cut my own hair/someone at home cuts it

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Shampoo?

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When I go to the classic barber shop staffed by three guys in their 60s and 70s, I don't get the shampoo.

When I go to Sports Clips, I get the shampoo. Especially if I'm going back to work or something so I don't have all the little bits of hair falling like snowflakes.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Old_Tony?

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

$14.00 at an old school barber run by Greeks all about 65 years old. No shampoo.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Great Clips 12.99 plus tip. No shampoo. I can do that on my own thanks.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You can also pleasure yourself on your own but doesn't it feel just a little bit better done by someone else?

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

That's where I've gone, ever since I moved out of my hometown about 3.5 years ago. My hometown place, where I went for more than a decade, sometimes included a courtesy shampoo with a haircut. They were (and are) the best.

Haven't lived anywhere long enough to get used to a good barber, and Great Clips does my simple cut well enough to stick with 'em.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not a perfect analogy. "You can punch yourself, but doesn't it feel just a little bit better done by someone else?" would not get the same answer.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking my head up a bulls ass but wouldn't I just rather take the butcher's word for it?

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

OK but I've never thought of shampooing your head as a negative experience unlike getting punched in the face.

10. The Granny

The Granny Guest

That's debatable.

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I shampoo and condition my chest hair three times a week.

12. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Now that's hot.

Draft saved Draft deleted