1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To refill or not to refill ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Jun 30, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy shit, that really does look like a foot. Or it looks like Mikey held the M-80 one second too long. Gimme stump!

BTW, folks...seriously: Refilling the soda at a fast food joint in order to get your money's worth is an awesome and easy and rapid way to get fat.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Not if you just dump it on the ground once you leave.

3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Horsefeathers. You're in the middle. That's no-man's land.

;D

Arby's Horsey Sauce is worth keeping. I always stock up on napkins for my car, too.

My wife keeps the ketchup packets. I ask why since we have three bottles in the fridge, but she claims they're good to pack in the kids' school lunches. I guess that's why we have 493 packets and never use any. One day, the kids will want a lot of ketchup.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Now that is fuckin funny.

I can just picture the acne-faced kid from The Simpsons: "Oh my God he refilled the soda just to pour it out on the sidewalk. I think it's time to revisit our free refill policies."

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Agree 100 percent. Heinz is the only way to go. There is no substitute.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

At least he's the manager. He's got to be making some waves down at corporate by now.

7. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I haven't read the entire thread, but here's a similar situtation:

A while back I went to a ball game and sat in the "all you can eat" section. It was an awesome promo; ticket and all the hot dogs, popcorn, peanuts, nachos and pop you could eat and drink all for one price.

Anyway, it was all self-serve. Just tables of the stuff. The popcorn was boxed. The peanuts were in bags. And the nachos were some sort of sealed plastic container.

The "all you could eat" ended in the seventh inning.

The giveaway at the park that day? Tote bags.

So in the seventh, people were filling their bags with all of it, since it was all wrapped. People were leaving five and six boxes of popcorn.

It was hilarious.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's awesome stuff. That's precisely why all my pants have deep pockets.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, that and the fact you weigh 650 lbs b/c of all the free soda refills as well as the daily 23-hour marathons of Full House, Saved By The Bell, Boy Meets World and Home Improvement. (you spend an hour going to get food and drink)

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

This thread has provided some scintillating entertainment. That is all.

Oh, and yeah, you gotta top off the drink.

11. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Pete, was the "all you can eat" ticket worth it?

12. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I'm 6'7" 320 pounds. You better fucking believe it.

Draft saved Draft deleted