1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To refill or not to refill ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Jun 30, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Mikey's house guest: "Mikey I'm going to have some ice cream. Where are your spoons?"
    Mikey: "In the spork drawer."
    House guest: "Spork drawer?"
    Mikey: "Yup. Next to the hot sauce and behind the Burger King ketchup packets."

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Think you're funny? I'll be back in a minute.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Chipotle, Wendy's, Subway and friends.

[​IMG]

Most of these are from Wendy's, Taco Bell and KFC. I don't use silver, so those are a cost-effective substitute.

[​IMG]

Taco Bell, Burger King and McDonald's contributed to my drawer full of condiments. And I thank them constantly.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Man, that is priceless.

5. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Holy shit, that is some collection.

Reminds me of in college when I was so poor, I needed to steal toilet paper and towels out of university buildings. Man, that one-ply stuff was not fun at all.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's no wonder, mikey hasn't ... you know.

Potential GF: Mike, how a bout a nice romantic, candelight dinner.
    Mikey: Sounds, great. I can get a book of matches from a bowl at Applebees. Where can I scrounge a free candle, though?
    Potential GF: Uhhhh.
    Mikey: Hey, I might have some leftover sterno cans. We're on.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I did that, too. I lived across the hall from my floor's utility closet. My girlfriend had a deluxe double, which had a toilet. Rather than have her buy paper, I just helped myself to an open door. I kept about 20 rolls in my room, and when the semester was done and I was packing to leave, she came up. When the door was open, I shoveled over each roll one by one, rightfully returning them.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

My wife: "What's so funny?"
    Me: "Just saw something hilarious online."

Thank God she didn't ask for further evidence. "Well honey you see there's this guy Mike on SportsJournalists.com and all his silverware, condiments and napkins are from fast food restaurants."

You are a strange, crazy bastard. And take the napkins off the stove. You'll burn the house down!

Firefighter #1: "This is an intense blaze, yet strangely aromatic."
    Firefighter #2: "Yeah. You wanna get Taco Bell after we finish pulling out this blackened corpse?"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Scoff if you must, but I've saved at least $10 over the last three years using this method.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Everything's back in order, sir. The gas was off, just in case.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Mikey: "And if you don't finish your meal, I have three styrofoam containers from Applebees I can give you."
    Potential GF: "Uhhh..."
    Mikey: "Oh an environmentalist? I can appreciate that. OK then I have a doggie bag for you."

12. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

I'm failing to see, though, how plastic forks, etc, are cheaper in the long run than actual silverware. You buy five forks, five spoons and five knives at a dollar store for a total of three bucks, and you're set. No taking plastics from restaurants, which is just wasteful, anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted