1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To refill or not to refill ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Jun 30, 2008.

1. jps

jps Active Member

Leaving the theater yesterday and had a question pop into my head ... we got a free refill with the large popcorn we bought to share among the 2 1/2 of us ... didn't use/need it during the movie, but the bag was empty pretty much at the end credits.

You get the refill and the only stipulation is that it has to be the day of purchase, as far as I saw. Question is ... are you a person to get the refill and head out the door for home, or no?

(I didn't, but wasn't all that sure about the decision.)

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Yes. Always. I don't care if I need it or want it; I'll give it to the homeless guy on the corner or the next person who walks through the theater door. If I paid for it -- and have it coming to me -- I'm going to make the most of it. That's just how I've always been.

I get the soda at Taco Bell, enjoy it with my meal, maybe get a refill with dinner, and then I'll top it off before I hit the trail. My friends know it, and they've come to embrace it. I just don't understand why, if you pay an arm and a leg for something -- like soda, for instance, which costs pennies from the fountain -- some people don't try to get all their money's worth.

Maybe I'm cheap. OK, I am a bit cheap. Or a lot. But I like it. It's a personality trait of mine, so much so that I don't even think about it -- and haven't for a lot of years.

3. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

I wish I could get a free refill on my Sourpatch Kids...I don't like popcorn. My soda, however, is usually refilled before the previews are over.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I never get stuff at the movie theater (thank god for large purses), but like Mikey, I'll always refill before I leave any place like that. Especially Chipotle, where I can get Barq's from the fountain.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And take the napkins, too. They've got the best napkins.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Toilet paper, too. And a chair if no one is looking.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I always smuggle stuff in, but if I did buy something there, I'd refill as often as possible.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's some solid thinking. You paid for the meal, the service and whatever you can carry under your arm.

9. jps

jps Active Member

There are movie places that still give drink refills?

10. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Well then, by all means take the counter girl home. Then you might really get some "service"!

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In that situation, you really got to leave a little something in the tip jar.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I believe the sandwich would be filling enough.

Draft saved Draft deleted