1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To play or not to play?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I legitimately wonder what Felger had to say about Isaiah Thomas last week.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Anybody who thinks a regular season game is more important than the birth of an athlete's child should have their head examined. I can see an argument that a player should not miss a championship game, but come on, man. There are more important things than playing a ball game.

3. albert777

albert777 Active Member

I didn't get to see my boys being born. The oldest was 5 weeks early and was taken by cesarean section, so I missed that completely (although I was right outside the OR door and heard his first cry). The second had the umbilical cord wrapped around him when he as being born and I was concentrating so hard on comforting my wife as they held him up to get the cord from around his neck, that I totally missed the big mirror at her feet. So when my daughter was being born, I was adamant that I was going see at least one of my kids come into this world, and said as much to the nurse who tried to get me to back away. It remains one of the most beautiful things I've ever had the privilege of seeing. I can't imagine missing that for anything except the direst situation.

dixiehack, ChrisLong and bigpern23 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted