1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To all of SJ.com and particularly the decision makers.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. printdust

printdust New Member

I'm amused at the need for the ignore button. Seriously people, what brought that on? Death threats? Viruses?

If not, are we so lacking in self-restraint that we can't simply read past those posts that offend us? Are we that lacking in maturity that we have to have Big Brother legislate for us? "Oh, Mr. or Ms. Moderator, I can't control myself, so please make these people go away for me."

The fact that button was implemented says more about some at this site than should ever be said.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

This is my favorite part

LOCK IT UP ;D

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Yes it does.

I hope that none of the people asking for an Ignore button were people who rip baseball owners for wanting a salary cap to protect themselves from themselves.

4. Hope you don't mind the thread delete tool because you're about to feel the full force.

Add: Thou shalt not ignore the ignore button ban mandate.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The ignore button is a common feature on SMF forums. Methinks Webby might have upgraded the software powering this site and that button was just included in it.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

7. printdust

printdust New Member

OK, so what if it is part of the software? In general, those who use it on other programs are doing it to avoid unwanted personal harrassment. While that does happen on here, not all of it is personal and you all know that. If you'll admit it, that's a question to be answered.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

And just to clarify, I've never used the ignore function. It just seems a little high-minded to start a thread preaching to everyone how stupid it is. I never saw the button as being useful but I have seen some explanations that made complete sense as far as reasons for using it.

10. What's the big deal? If you want use it, use it. If you don't, don't.

That wasn't so tough.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Moddy's comin' at this one with a BIG flyswatter.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I think we got it because this one wasn't available

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.