1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To all my "dear friends"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yawn, I'll see your hypothetical and raise you this one:

What do you think the world will be thinking on the first Wednesday in November when a dark-skinned man with the name Barack Huessin Obama is the leader of the United States of America?

Do you think it's possble they will consider us a nation that maybe, just maybe, is ready to talk to the rest of the world, as opposed to just putting a boot up their ass?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Not interested in convincing you of anything - go back to the beginning of this version of the board. I often call people out for things like that (and they return the favor when I deserve it). This is a board for journalists so some of us like to see things spelled the proper way. I've done it to friends of mine, to people I know a little and people I do not know. Yawn is far from the first. There's an insult in correcting someone's spelling? Didn't know that.

3. I see we have a new definition of "hurling an insult"

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Good grief, this thread is like putting a "Kick Me" sign on his back and no doubt he knew it. He just wants the attention, any he can get.

5. Moderator1

I will be much more polite when I correct someone's spelling in the future.

6. Thanks for setting a good example.

7. Moderator1

I does what I can.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This thread is not addressed to me, but I'm glad I read it.

As they say on cliched message boards, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Moddy, you should have locked it with no replies. Let his farewell stand on its own.

10. You really think he's leaving?

11. Moderator1

I have weighed that option but didn't want to be heavy handed (already been accused of that once today, people are just all over my ass!). We'll see.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Thanks to the moderator, who blocked any messages, I can't complain, but anyone else can. I intended to post to him with this, but since he's doing such a good job, consider this a "Letter to the Editor"

No, I'm not going to post publicly for awhile, but I will respond to your remarks:

I have yet to see you publicly call out anyone else, and again, the reason you don't just tells more about bias than you seem to be willing to admit. That's not a moderator, but I guess you wear the title. "Moderate" is to oversee, not react. That's all you said you do - when people complain, you react.

Maybe you should get a dictionary and look up the word. You know spelling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.