1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To _____: a catharsis thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Jan 19, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Been holding anger, sadness, elation, whatever in for a long time toward someone? Want to get it off your chest, even if you know you couldn't and/or wouldn't ever tell them directly? Well, this is the place to go. For example....

To _____:

You belittled my abilities for years, found various reasons not to promote me. You gave me a little bump up, but only as I was heading out the door, anyway. I'm doing fine now, and you are merely fodder for jokes now. Ciao.

Well, that felt good.

Your turn.

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Dear So-and-So:

I have delegated the resolution of our misunderstanding to my cousin Vito, who will be in touch.

Yours,

F_R

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Dear _____:

If you want a relationship with me, you're going to have to stop living in the fucking past. Most of the shit you harp on happened nearly 20 years go. Let it go or let me go.

Sincerely,

F_T

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Dear Dooley:

Isn't this the same as the "letters to the good people of the world" thread, more or less?

Your friend,

Barsuk :D

5. dooley_womack1

Well, from what I recall of that thread, it's more for general chitchat and the lighter side of things.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That thread is pretty much Random Thoughts III. I like the idea behind this one dools.

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Fair enough. Carry on.

8. dooley_womack1

To ____:

Stop bitching about my thread!

;)

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

To ______:

I loved you in The Client.

Best,

Mr. E. Meat

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

To _________:

Wasn't bitching, just asking. On the occasions I've posted on the other thread in question, it was in a cathartic manner. I fully support this type of thread.

May it live long and prosper.

Yours truly,

Barsuk

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

To _____:

Eat schmit and die.

Mike

12. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Dear ____:

Quite a life you've made for yourself. You betrayed your wife, scarred your child emotionally, backstabbed the best friend you ever had and will ever have and chickenshitted out of the best job you're ever going to have.

So it's always with joy that I occasionally peruse your Girls Basketball Player of the Week stories, which seem to be all you're doing nowadays. How you look at yourself and what you could have been without being overcome with the desire to fellate an Uzi is beyond me. The phrase "nothing left to live for" gets bandied about a lot, but you, friend, personify it.

P.S. My friends and myself still get the giggles talking about the time you chose to wait until I went to the bathroom to bolt out the door rather than stay and fight me.

Draft saved Draft deleted