1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TMZ Strikes Again- Kentucky Basketball Players Subject of NCAA Probe?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

KU players in trouble!!!

My daughter's face says it all.

[​IMG]

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And Cleveland State prepares for another flogging.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Kansas is in trouble?

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

UK possibly being investigated isn't much of a shock. I just wanted to point out that TMZ appears to have it first.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't know about any of you, but I always try to use 'insinuation' in news reports as often as possible.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I heard Don King say "insinuendo" once and thought, "If that's not a word, it should be!"

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Without more info, I'm not sure how much they actually "have" here with just some vague contention that the NCAA is "interested" in four players.

And my guess is this largely relates to already known allegations that have been floating around for quite awhile. The NYT already reported a few weeks ago that Bledsoe's eligibility is being investigated, and I'd bet the agent allegation is about the relationship of Wall's agent with that Clifton character who was Wall's AAU coach and HS handler.

And I'm sure one of the "current players" is Enes Kanter. The kid briefly played in one of highest paying professional leagues in Europe. He claims he's still an amateur because he received no salary for that time, but there are lots of rumors that he was paid for it under the table.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Correctamundo.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted