1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TMZ Sports

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

winner!! It will succeed. Currently, the public cares about where someone from season 5 of "The Bachelor" went to eat, and with whom...of course people will love to hear about the 8th man on the Lakers stepping out on his wife.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

TMZ has been moving in this direction for a little while now. They were all over the Erin Andrews saga this year. Tiger, of course. The death of Chris Henry. Even the Roethlisberger stuff. Christ, any death these days, no matter what the arena, TMZ basically owns. They must have been getting a lot of hits on their sports-related stories. This will be big.

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

HUGE.

Never underestimate schadenfreude.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Too bad US Weekly isn't doing this, so there would be an Athletes are Just Like Us feature. They shop for carpet! They pick their ears! They tie their shoes! They snort coke off the back of a $10 whore in a suburban Dollar Inn!

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I think this will be a success.

What will be interesting to see is how TMZ deals with a more organized target -- aka, the leagues and their PR departments -- as opposed to individual celebrities.

You know damn well these leagues are going to ratchet up the lack of access to avoid "paparazzi", which of course, will make life difficult for the traditional beat writer.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yes, because TMZ is outing so many regular celebrities.

TMZ is mainstream now. They've got too much to lose by napalming bridges. I would be willing to bet any amount of money that at least half the celebs captured on TMZ tip off TMZ ("Hey, this is Slutbag Whore from Real World: Bismarck. I'll be stumbling drunk out of Studio 54 at 11:45!") to ensure they end up on the show.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I can't stand that chick.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

You'd be correct. Many, many, many, many paparazzi shots in all the celebrity outlets aren't the result of those evil people constantly stalking people. Most of it's all a game between the PR folk and the paps.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I don't think TMZ ever "outs" celebrities. That's Perez Hilton. I hate that fucker. And BYH is absolutely correct. Half of those fools on TMZ do tip off the paparazzi. That's how these moron Hiltons and Kardashians got famous in the first place. Well, that's how they stay in the "news" after releasing their own sex tapes, anyway.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can't keep a job in journalism........but I do other stuff real good!!!!

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

"Did you google TMZ Sports like I asked you to?"
    "No, but I threw a rock at the computer!"

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

"You want me to sit here and explain to you how TMZ works?" :D

Draft saved Draft deleted