1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TMZ Sports

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 22, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Supposedly, that was only because she knew some gossip idiot or idiots (I forget if it was TMZ or somebody else) was going to out here and she beat them to it.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You turn on CNN, FOX or MSNBC and it's all about who's doin' who, who's screwin' you and speculation about what might happen next.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I suspect it would be Perez Hilton, who gets off on that sort of thing.

4. I have no idea where I saw this, because I don't usually follow this stuff at all, but from what I understood, she was making no real secret of being gay. I think she just didn't realize that she still qualified as a "celebrity" at this point who actually needed to publicly come out.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

they're trying to make money. And I'll agree with Hejira, this will definitely succeed and if anyone thinks it won't they're not a business genius.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You know, this is where we will see all the gay athletes being outed.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And we will all be so much better off for the knowledge.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure this will be a commercial success. Not every jock is Tiger Woods. A lot of 'em are utterly unknown to TMZ's core constituency, and if TMZ sports doesn't have fantasy leagues and stats, I can't see many sports fans visiting.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nope. We sure will not. But you know it will happen.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

they don't need sports fans visiting, they just need entertainment/celebrity fans to keep watching. there are enough people who are interested in the private lives and trivial bs of celebrities. i am a fairly big movie buff and will watch an A&E Bio on Jude Law, Russell Crowe, Julia Roberts, but I have no interest in seeing who was at the Avatar premier and what they were wearing. However enough people do care and do watch TMZ.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm with Michael. Most athletes are not celebrities. Unless they can get salacious video of Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant and Derek Jeter every single day, they'll have a really limited audience.

Harvey: "What do we have today?"

Slacker staffer: "Vicente Padilla ate at Denny's in Carson. He only left a 12% tip."

12. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Even if all they did was the police blotter, there's be more than enough traffic dumped to them by BLOGS! to make something of it. Will it be as big as TMZ? Probably not, but that doesn't mean it will play to crickets chirping.

Draft saved Draft deleted