1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TMZ Sports

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 22, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

What are all these SCOOPS! independent sports BLOGS! have had, according to Sports by Brooks? Only one I can think of is the Mark Prior injury thing.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

right after they follow up on the that Glenn Beck Raped and Murdered ( or is it murder then raped) Young Girl in 1990.

Did Peter Carroll ever read the Steve Spurrier book, My Year at Duke and Other Pregnant Pauses

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

What about the Mark McGwire/Youtube scoop?

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Maybe the mainstream media could help itself by not spreading so many hoaxes around as real news:

http://www.salon.com/news/bogus_stories_2009/

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"We saw Bill Belicheck shopping for clothes at The Salvation Army in South Boston."
    "We caught Jeremy Shockey buying a case of Copenhagen in Metrarie."
    "Peyton Manning was spotted NOT shooting a commercial on an off-day."

They picked a good week to get it going with the Underwood engagement and Rick Fox hooking up with Elisha Dushku.
    Still don't get the leaving Vanessa Williams thing. Throw in Tiger Woods, Erin Andrews, ARod, etc. and this thing had to happen eventually.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Was wondering what Gawker Media's reaction to it would be, since the TMZ mothership is a competitor to gawker.com

http://deadspin.com/5432195/tmz-sports-prepare-for-the-next-great-tabloid-war-or-something

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Dan Shanoff with some thoughtful thoughts:

http://www.danshanoff.com/2009/12/tmzsportscom-hot-story-or-non-story.html

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

From Shanoff:

Next: Let's be very very clear. The Tiger Woods scandal is not a template for a business. It is the sports industry's "black swan" event -- there has never been anything like it, and -- given its unique conditions -- nothing like it will ever happen again.

Here is someone who is an authority on black swan events:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Isn't 15-20 minutes of the 90-minute Sportscenter devoted to this type of shit?

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

A D-list celebrities or reality "stars" are more famous than all but maybe 10-20 professional athletes.

Kate Gosselin can sell copies of US Weekly, Roger Federer cannot.

The Tiger Woods scandal is a once-in-a-decade story.

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Rick fFox has been with Elisha Dushku for months. (as I me reach down and see if my balls are still there)

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

This will be a smashing success.

And I saw Eliza Dushku in person once. Well, by in person, I mean I leered at her from a short distance as she made some promotional appearance. Good Christ, she is unspeakably hot. Rick Fox, I hate you.

Draft saved Draft deleted