1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TMZ: Owen Wilson hospitalized

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rufino, Aug 27, 2007.

1. A whole lot of people do.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

A whole lot of people are assholes for doing it.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Spoken like someone who has never battled a demon.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Why?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Exactly...

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

And a whole lot more people are assholes for shitting on people who have reached that place while knowing nothing about their situation.

If you even have the capacity to put yourself in the place of another (which I have come to doubt about some people on here), think about where you would have to be -- and not as a 14-year-old girl, as a grown man -- to slit your own wrists. Not to think about it, or try to get attention by talking about it, but to actually take a blade and DO it.

Oh, but he's not an Oscar-winning actor, so it's open season. I get that people in our business develop a certain cynicism, but some of the Internet tough guy shit on here is just pathetic.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

A source close to the situation told me that the governor of Minnesota was already in discussions with the Wilson family to use his nose as a bridge support if he didn't pull through.

8. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Case in point.

Draft saved Draft deleted