1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TMZ: Owen Wilson hospitalized

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rufino, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It is a foolish generalization... It's just hard to feel much sympathy for a Hollywood superstar who is known for his partying ways and who helped break up a marriage...

I feel terrible for his family, but I don't feel sorry for him...

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Most people who think that suicide is the ultimate selfish act have never been down so far that they thought about it.

And it takes more than one person to break up a marriage. Last time I checked, the married person had to agree to the affair.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Didn't Kate Hudson break up her own marriage? Why does Owen Wilson deserve more blame? He wasn't married. He didn't force her to screw around with him. She's the one who decided to cheat on the father of her kid.

EDIT: sportschick beat me to it.

4. Mizzougrad96

So the person who agrees to get involved with someone who is married doesn't share any blame? Fuck that...

Is Hudson primarily the one to blame? Yes, but anyone who would think of messing around with someone who is married is a douchebag in my book...

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So if you were single and Kate Hudson came onto you and said that her marriage was ending, you'd say, "Hold on there, Missy. You need to go ahead and take care of that all nice and legal and then come see ol' Mizzou."

Well, good for you!

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Yes, clearly you and IJAG were both placing most of the blame on Hudson here.

How about she sucks for having an affair while married, and he sucks equally for pursuing and then agreeing to have an affair with a married lady, unless of course he really, really hated The Black Crowes music as a teenager, and it was all a revenge plot, in which case the blame shifts to Chris Robinson for marrying way out of his league, and for following two decent albums with 15 years of medicore sothern gothic blues rock.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Hey, let's not lump me in here. I haven't tried to backtrack like Mizzou has.

That being said, I like your explanation better. Boy did I hate the Black Crowes.

And I guess I put the blame on him, rightly or wrongly, because of his reputation for hooking up on movie sets.

8. Mizzougrad96

I blame Wilson and Hudson... Both are assholes...

And as IJAG said, Wilson has a reputation as a total player who hooks up with co-stars...

So one of the women he meets, who happened to be married at the time they started hooking up, dumped him like a bad habit, sending his seemingly perfect life into a downward spiral...

Karma is a bitch...

9. It's sad and I hope he learns to cope with the internal forces that prompted such a desperate act.

Calling suicide selfish a act is a selfish act. It says: Give me attention. Berate me. Gratify me.

People who feel lonely do desperate things. They have affairs. They try to kill themselves. You don't have to condone the behavior. Examine what led the person to behave in such a wayward manner. Then make a judgment.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is levity or inappropriate or both, but I'm just trying to conjure up the mental image of Lightning McQueen doing smack.

11. Mizzougrad96

That's a fun one to explain to the kids...

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Ending is not the same as ended. You don't screw around with someone who's married. You just don't.

Draft saved Draft deleted