1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TMJ ... the thread formerly known as "Wisdom teeth"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

My last girlfriend ground (grinded?) her teeth in her sleep.
    It's one of the reasons things didn't work out.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'm told now I don't grind my teeth so much as chomp in my sleep ... loudly.

3. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I never really had any trouble with the wisdom teeth. The worst thing was they came in about halfway when I was a senior in high school/freshman in college and I constantly bit the inside of my cheeks. About three years later, they came in the rest of the way.

My sister, on the other hand, went through hell. She had all four removed during her senior year of high school. It just happened to be the week of the one really big formal event our school had, and she wasn't about to miss it. Nearly 30 years after the fact, she still complains about looking like "a chipmunk" in phots from the event.

4. They gave me some valium to take about an hour before my appointment and some vicodin for afterward ... good times, good times. I would get mine taken out again in a heartbeat ...

5. Turfburger

Turfburger Member

Here's another thing to be concerned about... when my oral surgeon took an X-Ray, he mentioned that one of my wisdom teeth was close to my sinus cavity and said there was a possibility of a sinus infection after surgery.
    One week later, sure enough, I got nailed with one that lasted a week. Not a bad idea to inquire about that potential set-back.

Draft saved Draft deleted