1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TMJ ... the thread formerly known as "Wisdom teeth"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Re: Wisdom teeth

I had mine taken out under local, too.

But on one of them the nerve was banged and my mouth was numb for two months.

They'll want to give you gas, most likely, because it's easier for them but I don't like to be out if I can help it.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Dentist will get me in at 7:45 a.m. Monday. ... She asked if that was too soon. I'd go in right now if I could.
    Now I go through five days of eating soft foods ... this sucks.

3. EE94

EE94 Guest

I got the full knockout. I'd heard too many horror stories of dentists having to get leverage to pull the fuckers out, I didn't want to be awake as he stood astride the chair and yanked for dear life.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dentist? Usually you need an oral surgeon to remove wisdom teeth.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I think my lower left one is coming in, but it comes and goes. Like I'll have a week in which I can barely close my mouth (shut up!) and then it won't hurt again for a few months. I just try to get through the bad times, and not have to go to the dentist.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

C'mon that's the fun part. That and when they crack the tooth in half because they can't get it out.

Hell, I'm paying for it. I want to see them sweat.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I had four impacted wisdom teeth removed my freshman year of college. Did it with only a local. Made it through OK. The worst part was the massive amounts of blood that drained into my throat and I wound up swallowing over the next day or so. Made me sick. Also, the holes took nearly a year to fully close up and heal.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Still have my wisdom teeth. I fear the day those need to be removed, because I've heard the stories.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I think my guy had both hands in my mouth up to the wrist tyring to get mine out.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you were awake, you could have told him to take the damn Rolex off.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Have them knock you out cold. It won't be too bad.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Kinda hard to talk when he's got a hammer and chisel working on your gums. They had to split mine to get them out. I think they even called Mr. Goodwrench.

Draft saved Draft deleted