1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"TMI" people

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Probably followed that up by sending him a copy of his obituary.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I would have clicked "like" and taken a screen grab.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Someone snatch this up for a sig. Now.
    (Trey?)

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Done. :D

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, like anyone didn't know that.

Can someone take a look at this rash for me?

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Very, very interesting observation.

Same woman walks around the office blabbing on her cell phone when she walks in every morning, not caring who hears every word of her private conversations. I'm not on Facebook, but I imagine she's the type who posts every time she eats a donut or takes the dog for a walk or gets drunk Friday night.

I wonder if there will ever be a massive backlash. Not the kind of mini-backlash against Facebook that happened in which people were frustrated about the privacy controls. But I mean privacy gaining some currency even among friends and acquintances. Or at the very least, people starting to come to the realization, en masse, that the mundane details of their life aren't as interesting to others as they think they are.

I don't mind posting here, in anonymity. But I have no interest in living that open of a life as others do these days, both online and around the office - and, for those "lucky" enough - on reality television. It'll be interesting to see which way the pendulum swings this decade. I hope it swings back toward privacy. I liked it better when I didn't know everything about everyone.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted