1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TLC's Sister Wives

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stitch, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Anyone watch the first episode? It's about a guy who lives between SLC and Provo who has three wives and is courting a fourth. I guess the family is being investigated for bigamy because the Utah statute included cohabitation.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50366251-76/bigamy-brown-wives-tribune.html.csp

2. printdust

printdust New Member

Just to make sure I didn't DB this....my wife watches it for the spectacle and just now I googled to see if anything came up on it and it's nothing more than you pointed out, Stitch.

Weird show, but hey, if gays can be married, then these consenting adults should too.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

Interestingly one of the women is overweight but is the one that works - which makes me wonder if Hubby Dearest named it as a condition for marriage. Then there's the newest one which happens to be a bit on the hot side, which makes the others jealous.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So John Ritter would've been a bigamist? Really, Utah?

5. Football_Bat

Also, from a journalistic angle ... Is this a good idea for a paper to use this as a summary graf if no charge, no arrest, no prosecution, no trial or no conviction has taken place?

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I am liberal and respect how other people choose to live, but I can't help but think this guy is the ultimate player who's somehow getting away with brainwashing 4 women.

Of course, my wife said it best. "Would YOU want 4 wives?"

HELL no.

7. Football_Bat

Kody digs variety apparently, according to the photo.

He likes blondes, brunettes, big ones, small ones, old ones, young ones, frumpy ones, stylish ones and frisky ones.

8. Maybe they all give blowjobs?

9. This is why I have no problem with bigamy.

If you want four wives and can support them - fine by me.

But yeah, who would want four wives?

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

but he doesn't like attractive ones

11. printdust

printdust New Member

Flip it. Would a woman want four husbands?

Draft saved Draft deleted