1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TJ Simers interview

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by thebiglead, Aug 28, 2006.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

i beg to differ, my buddy. when t.j. covered the nfl, he was a pretty good guy. seemed to be fully aware he was a jerk in jersey. now? if people say he's back to being a jerk, i can't quibble. haven't run across t.j. in several years.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Great stuff .. . why so many spend so much time here . . .

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

For me it's the dames.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

For me, it's reading the observations of those good enough to work at the Plain Dealer.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good enough only in theory, sadly. :'(

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I know TJ slightly. I've shared beers with him and had arguments with him and I don't consider him a jerk at all. I didn't know him back in Jersey, but I know there's lots of shit I did when I was 25 that I wish I hadn't.

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Jerk, yes. Satan, no.

A friend's wife sometimes says, "We're all assholes sometimes and today's your day."

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You mean someone was a dick during their younger days in this business? Stunning...

I've never met the guy, but I have close friends who know him well and don't speak too fondly of the guy...

He's still one of the most interesting people in this profession. Parking a golf cart to prevent an athlete from leaving the locker room... Legendary...

The Big Lead is a great site...

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Being a dick is one thing.

Hanging two co-workers out to dry for something you did goes a bit beyond dickishness in my book and is hard to blow off as a "youthful indiscretion."

10. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Sounds like hero worship? Huh? We asked questions we thought were interesting ... he answered.

11. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Q: Readers love the grocery store bagger ...

How do you know? Has there been a market survey on this? Anyway, way to lead off a hard-hitting interview.

Q: You ruled on Around the Horn ...

Come on, Biglead! It may not have been the biggest blowjob I've read, but you certainly at least unzipped the guy.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I gotta agree with Frank. Hey, biglead, if you like the guy admit it. Plenty of others have.

Draft saved Draft deleted