1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TiVo alert: George Carlin and Ann Coulter on Leno tonight.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by westcoastvol, Jun 14, 2006.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

And for the first time in my history, I'm actually gonna watch Leno.

This oughta be interesting.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wow... That's a crazy pairing...

This will be the first time in years I've watched Leno. I think he sucks and is by far the worst of the late-night comedians.

3. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Absofuckingloutely.

Any comedian that tells a joke, waits for a response and then explains the joke isn't much of a comic to me. What scares me is, Conan's starting to do the same thing every now and again.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Unfortunately, I don't think Leno's show (and Leno himself) will be very conducive to the interaction most people are expecting. Carlin likely will take a few potshots, Coulter will take them in stride and Leno will play peacemaker.

Now if that pairing was on one of the cable news shows, then we might have something.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

At least with Carlin on tonight, people who watch the Tonight Show might actually laugh for a change...

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I was going to say that, but he's had much more volatile pairings than Coulter-Carlin.

7. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Coulter vs. Carlin: A Tonight Show Swordfight

8. Here's the modern Twain, talking about John Murtha, the war hero, on Right Wing News.

John Murtha: The reason soldiers invented "fragging."

Classy.

9. WSKY

WSKY Member

I love opinions, but Coulter is only good thing — figure it out.

Draft saved Draft deleted