1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Titanic alert on TNT

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Duane Postum, Jan 27, 2008.

1. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Yikes, dude. I bet you can't wait for "Norbit" to make its cable debut.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No wonder you can't get laid; you had to turn in your man card.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Eh. I stand by what I said. And my man card is almost expired anyway, and I'm far too lazy to get it renewed.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It doesn't help matters much, sir.

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

He hit the propeller and went head over heels multiple times. A great touch.

6. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I haven't seen it in years, but freely admit I liked it enough in 1997 to see it three times in the theater. However, in the few times I have seen it since, I can't get past the fact that Cameron couldn't write a three-paragraph brief off a JV gymnastics meet. Great filmmaker, yes, but what an awful awful writer.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't know. I think he did a fine job writing "The Terminator," "T2: Judgement Day," "The Abyss," "Aliens" and "True Lies."

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You couldn't pay me to sit through any Eddie Murphy movie post-Beverly Hills Cop.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Mrs. Armchair's thoughts on the length of "Titanic" probably best sum up the SportsJournalists.com feelings on the movie.

"It didn't take the boat that long to sink."

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Fantastic point. The dude tinking off the propeller made me laugh. and it was fun to watch the bodies stack up like jenga blocks as the boat went vertical.

and lets not forget that celine dion can forever wipe her ass with $1,000-bills because of this movie. Thanks, canada :)

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Bryan Adams sucks, too.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Kate Winslett at her absolute most beautiful. Or something like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted