1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Titanic alert on TNT

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Duane Postum, Jan 27, 2008.

1. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Thank you. I was waiting for someone to catch that.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

You should call her up.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sorry. I was on the phone.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I would, but she only gave me six numbers and didn't even tell me their order.

5. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Great movie.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

If there's no ...for me to poop on following that, I will rip your man card.

7. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Tear it up, light in on fire and throw it in a blender, I don't care. Great movie.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Titanic, for me, is one of those movies where, for some reason, I watch it whenever it's on TV. I'll never even think about buying it because I'm not a big fan. But, like The Replacements, Ferris Bueller's Day Off (which is a great fucking flick) and Legally Blond, my eyes always land on that movie.

EDIT: Men In Black is on that list, too.

9. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Agreed, except for the whole Replacements and Legally Blond part. I hate them.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I thought The Replacements was very underrated and was good despite Reeves. Legally Blond always makes me laugh. I think I watch it in part because I don't think it's that bad of a movie and I really, really want to sleep with Reese Witherspoon.

11. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I can't get past Keanu Reeves, though, and Jon Favreau has annoyed me in every role but Swingers and Rudy.

Yeah, I want Reece's pieces, too...

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

If you can stomach the first hour and a half -- and Kate Winslet's cash and prizes make that easier -- the last hour and a half is all guy flick. People falling to their deaths (especially that one guy who bounces off, what, the smoke stack? A guy wire? I forget, but it was awesome), drowning, freezing to death. What's not to love?

Oh, and Mike, the words "Legally Blonde" and "not that bad of a movie" should never be put in the same sentence together unless it's something like, "Ya know, 'Legally Blonde' wouldn't be that bad of a movie if Reese Whitherspoon showed her cooter."

Anything less than that and the man card needs to be turned in. Like, now.

Draft saved Draft deleted