1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tirico gives ESPN the bird......

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Haha! :). You and I both know the answer to that....

You need a better agent.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've heard more than a few TV types aren't overly enthused about going to Rio because of concerns about the Zika and oh, um the political unrest.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Been in the business a long time and have come to peace with my place in it -- didn't get to the big market or national cable as I planned on, oh, 20 years ago. Yet I make a good living and enjoy what I do.

However, Josh Elliott may be the only guy in the business I hold professional jealousy over.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I hear Linda Cohn's beaver is available.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

If it's any consolation, I have no idea who Josh Elliott is. Even after looking him up.

6. Lugnuts

I was only riffing off Donnie's earlier post. :D

But the point remains...

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. Lugnuts

My crack about the agent was only a joke.

If it's any consolation.... I can't stand the guy. Aghhughhhh. Yuck. Gross. Bleck. He's the embodiment of smarm. A diva in the highest. Perfect example of somebody who "fails up."

You, on the other hand, seem like a perfectly likable guy ! :D

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I've just never quite understood where he is a "plus" on anything in our business. But he is... and has made seven figures a year at three different networks over the last three years.

As one in TV sports (or a former sports anchor now in news), I'll always be miffed that he went from nothing to SI to panelist on ESPN to SC. Even Mike Hall from Dream Job was, at least, anchoring sports at Mizzou.

At least Strahan has a brand and a track record coming in.

And, yes, Elliott's agent is far better than mine. :)

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I listened to Michaels on the Bill Simmons podcast and he said he was going to do Thursday Night Football. I also suspect that Tirco doesn't cost more than Michaels and will work a lot more events.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I believe that the announce team doesn't matter at all.....in the last 8-10 years Sunday Night Football has upended Monday Night Football as the flagship of the NFL. Can that solely be placed on the ABC to ESPN move versus being on NBC Sunday? Or must the overall superior production value and approach of Michaels and the NBC crew play a role?

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Sunday nights get far better matchup's.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wow. I'm saddened by the Josh Elliott hate.

I produced Josh a few times but was also close friends with his best friend, so was able to socialize with him several times. Unquestionably, he is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. He's genuinely friendly, and has the knack of making you feel like you are the most important person in the universe when you talk with him. Maybe that doesn't come across much on TV (I don't watch GMA, so I'm not sure what persona he's fronting to the audience) but off-air, you'd like him.

exmediahack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted