1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tires

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Apr 20, 2012.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not the gas pedal, but had an 84 Mazda where the whole mechanism holding the clutch pedal in place got worn out. It was about 11 years old by then so traded it in.

Tires? Think I paid around $400 for four for my Kia Sportage about a year ago. One of the old ones blew out when I was driving up I5 from LA and took out part of the bumper. Again, was due for tires anyway ...

2. In what part of country do live?

No way I'd buy junkyard tires.
    The old saying .. you get what you pay for ....

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The Northeast. It's pretty easy to look at tires and see what condition they are in. It isn't rocket science.

If the old saying is you get what you pay for, I've spent less in 10 years on tires than some people here have spent on one new set. And I have never had a problem.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This should be the end of the discussion. Tirerack.com is spectacular. Its got comprehensive reviews and good prices for what you want.

Easy, just find an independent tire installer who will take delivery (use yelp.com) and tirerack will drop ship them to the installer (receipt in 2-3 days) and then have them installed. Warranty claims are bonafides as well. I found some great ultra high performance tires for less than $600 for set of 4 (always buy a set) and they ride better than the stock ones that came with my Infiniti.

Draft saved Draft deleted