1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tires

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I got my new set of tires last year, so I should be good for another couple.

I knew the brake job was coming so it wasn't any big surprise.

But it is nice to actually be able to stop again.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I always expect to spend at least $250 on anything that has to do with my car. That seems to help with the sticker shock.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'm thankful in that I have only got 12 more payments on my car before it's totally mine but I fully expect that when I send that last check in a year from now, everything will go at once on it. Fingers crossed because I'd like to actually invest some of that money into other things. :)

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

This is why I'm glad my dad works for a Chevy dealership. I get everything at employee pricing, and he knows who to go to for good deals on tires. I just replaced mine last spring for $200.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I just want to mention that the accelerator pedal in my car broke off in its entirety while driving through Nowheresville, WV on the way to Chicago today. My car is at a dealership in said Nowheresville, and I have absolutely no idea what to expect price-wise. I'm scared.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A/Ts?

I did four Mickey Thompson A/Ts and it was right there.

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Replaced the van tires last year, and got a pretty good deal at walmart.com. Got all four, plus the mounting, disposal, etc., for less than $300. Solid tires too, up to this point.

Now, I'm in the market for new tires. I can find some brands at sears.com that I've never heard of for about $50 each, but still can find some Goodyear for about $75 each. Some tire dealers often have a "buy three, get one free" deal. A little patience can work a long ways when looking for tires, because yes, many are very expensive.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Those are sweet tires. Don't know about the ride but they look great

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They're a little rough on the highway. But I need them for trips to the cabin. The last half-mile can get pretty muddy.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Shit. Where are you - still in Nowheresville or using a loaner?

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

We're in a rental car. Got delayed for a few hours, but we escaped from Nowheresville. I have never in my life seen/heard of an accelerator pedal breaking off under one's foot while being depressed. Horrifying. Especially when one is going 70 mph on an interstate.

Draft saved Draft deleted