1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tips on traveling to Antigua

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Feb 3, 2012.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Mrs. C and I are going to the island this fall for our 10th anniversary. Any one been there?
    Most likely, we are going to stay at Sandals, although I see there are a few other all-inclusive places there that I am looking into.
    Lots of the searches on google for Antigua end up being just sale-pitch sites, so I was hoping maybe someone has personal experience from the place?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Tips? Take a suitcase big enough for me to fit.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

ha ha...I'll see what the missus thinks of that. I did find a website called Antigua-Guide.info. Lots of helpful stuff. Now, please Lord...no hurricanes at the end of Sept or beginning of Oct.!

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'd recommend either boat or plane.

But seriously ... I was there (St. John) in 2006 on a cruise. We docked there on Ash Wednesday and I found a really old church that happened to have a mass starting at noon (got there about 11:50). It's still one of my favorite memories of the nine cruises I've been on. Was there again two years ago and just walked around the shopping areas near the dock. Sorry, that's all I've got.

Draft saved Draft deleted