1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tips on living with your parents

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jpm_fanboy, Sep 3, 2008.

1. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

KY, I hope for your sake the house is fairly large. Does everyone have plenty of space to call their own without stepping on toes?

2. joe

joe Active Member

Needed: crawl space, books on mummification.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Ducky, the house isn't all that big even though we added two bedrooms a few years back.

I have my own room, which is the smallest, and my sisters and mom each have their own. My stepdad sleeps in the living room, and it never fails that i wake him up when i get home each night.

Other than that, i think we all do a good job of not stepping on each other's toes. But i'm really not home enough to know what it's like when i'm not there.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Don't let your mom catch you using her Glamour to treat your body like an amusement park.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

My grandma let me come back and stay with her after my paper decided they didn't need me anymore. All she asked of me was to help her with running errands on my days off (doctor, grocery shopping, pick up her medicine, etc.) and to kick in for my share of the groceries. She knows in a few months I am going back to grad school and told me that she wants me to save as much money as I can. I still try to give her money and she won't take it.

6. Wow, everyone else's stories are far different than mine.

My parents let me come and go as I pleased and I just moved out about three months ago at 25. Since we all worked completely opposite schedules, it really was like living on my own. I bought all my own groceries, did my own laundry and cleaned up after myself (most of the time).

If I wanted to have a party and have friends over, I planned it with my folks and most of the time they were there since they got along with my friends so well.

I think my mom was sad to see me leave, but she understood that it was just time for me to leave.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Our parents sound very familiar, Buck.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

jesus. this went unnoticed? solid, so solid.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We're not druggies. ;D

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and i bet you love your damned country just the way it is. ;D

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

That's what I do.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Ban hippies. Not books.