1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tips (especially golf) for Myrtle Beach?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Aug 19, 2017.

1. DiCarlos is a chain, orginated around Stuebenville Ohio, I think. Not a fan.

Captain Benjamin's and Calabash are good. It's $40/$50 a person.
    Rioz is cool is you like meat and never been a Brazilian Steakhouse before.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Saw a billboard touting a Paula Deen restaurant at one of those. good fried chicken.
    Paula Deen's Family Kitchen | Broadway at the Beach

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I'll bet it doesn't suck to have your own family bakery now.

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Well, I have to resist sampling all the sweet stuff and we're not making as much money as we want but it's less than five months since we opened. But things are starting to pick up now that she's making bread every day. It was a helluva investment, about $60K just to get it up and running. Her stuff is really good and I don't have to say that since she doesn't read SJ.com! We just shot a commercial that's going to start airing on Thursdays. Hopefully that helps the bottom line. Holidays should help, too.

Riptide likes this.
  5. TwoGloves

6. TwoGloves

Was at a Brazilian steakhouse in Chicago. Was very cool and food was great. I think I saw Captain Benjamin's on Myrtle Beach's visitor site.

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Just a quick note on the bakery. She could probably add some customers if she included some low/no salt items. https://www.etsy.com/shop/DailyBreadLowSodium

8. TwoGloves

I'll let her know. She does gluten-free and sugar-free items by request.

lakefront likes this.
  9. TwoGloves

Just giving this a boost. Trip is in nine days. By the way, anyone been to Mount Airy, N.C. (Mayberry!) We're stopping there the first night and it's the last day of Mayberry Days. Big Andy Griffith fan. I think I'm looking forward to that more than Myrtle Beach.

lakefront likes this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I would offer them up, but trip was canceled in anticipation of Irma creaming the place. Have fun.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I stayed on pawleys island and played Dunes, Caledonia and True Blue. Caledonia was the best IMHO, but all good

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

We have stopped in Mt. Airy twice, once on the way to Florida, once on the way to Myrtle. Can't offer much other than the beer at the massive truck stop next to the Best Western was good and fucking cold.

Draft saved Draft deleted