1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tip or not

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 24, 2008.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I may have shared this before, but the Little Caesars by my house has a tip cup. What am I tipping for? The pizza and crazy bread is already made and sitting in a warmer. All the cashier does is turn, pick up the pizza and drop it on the counter, before taking my $5.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So the owner doesn't have to pay a respectable wage

3. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Yuck. I don't want to hear about vomit from the person bringing me my meal.

In the rare times I visit that shithole, I always pay with my debit card. They always say they can't add a tip in that situation, so they don't get a tip.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I love when there are a bunch of illiterate 16-year-olds working there and the tip jar says "College fund"

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Making up rooms is a lot like work. I don't begrudge a coupla bucks a day.
    I know people who tip far more than that.

Manning the Starbucks cash register ain't the same thing.

6. expendable

I sure hope they're making minimum and not the waitstaff wage. If they are, I think it's their fault. I'm usually a 20% tipper, adjusting accordingly, but I don't see what they do at Little Caesars that the cashier at McDonald's doesn't.

7. expendable

I hear the caddy scholarship has come open.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

McDonald's workers do a lot more than Starbucks workers.

9. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I used to do HVAC work. Mostly new construction but there were times when I was the guy in the attic that looked like he stepped out of a shower. And I can honestly say that I never received any monetary tips from anybody. I never expected any monetary compensation above the shitty wage provided by my employer.
    A couple of people bought us pizza and beers. Most supplied us with bottomless cups of tap water.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I heard $5 a day.

11. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

How about this situation: You pay an extra $15 to have something delivered. Do you tip the driver then?

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

On expense account at a Four Seasons, maybe. Not at any $80 a night joint.

Draft saved Draft deleted