1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tip: Don't argue with the tattooist before he does the work

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Otherwise, you'll get a penis tattoo on your back instead of what you wanted.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/ipswich-tattooist-charged-over-40cm-penis-tattoo-on-mans-back/story-e6freoof-1225943547765

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Better yet. Never go to a tattoo artist.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Pics or GTFO.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

$20 bucks to whomever guesses what the obscene slogan was, and $20 more for which word was misspelled & how.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll bet there are a ton of people out there who have Chinese symbols tattooed that don't mean what they think it means...

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I read another story on this where they were actually friends, and the "slogan" was something implying homosexuality.

http://gawker.com/5673305/man-asks-for-yin+yang-tattoo-ends-up-with-15+inch-penis-tattoo

7. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I read an article a few years ago where a reporter asked Yao Ming about all of the tats in the NBA. Yao specifically commented on the Chinese characters and said that one of Kenyon Martin's roughly translated into "passive."

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

When I lived on Guam, I knew a guy who was teaching Japanese 1 in a high school as a temporary gig.
    A girl approached him after class and asked him to show her the character for her name. He was barely paying attention and scribbled some nonsense Japanese character or characters for her.
    She came back the next week without it tattooed on her back.

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted