1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tina Fey officially leaving SNL

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deskgrunt50, Jul 22, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Exactly. How many billions has the show made for NBC over the years? At some point, somebody funny will show up and put in five years on the show before heading off to do movies. And NBC will sell two or three DVDs of his/her stuff. Ka-ching.

Plus, you'd have to pry that show out of Lorne's cold, dead hands. It's all he's got to remind people what a big shot he is.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A bit of a digression: I recently saw the Sinead O'Connor song on the SNL music five-disk boxed set. Man, that was a real intense 3-4 minutes.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Interesting. I thought NBC was never going to let that see the light of day, even in purely profitable venture such as the 5-disc set.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

That is about as much bang for a DVD buck as I have found.

5. After reading all the Tina Fey bashing for Bush bashing, all I can say is, "Welcome to sportsjournalists.com, Jenna and Barbara Bush." You wouldn't think they'd be posting here, but I guess they have to do something to fill up their days since they're not in the Army, fighting daddy's all-important war.

6. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

You don't get it, do you? We're not bashing her for bashing him. We just wish Ms. Fey would make it funny once in a while and not so repetitive. We just wish Ms. Fey would make it funny once in a while and not so repetitive. We just wish Ms. Fey would make it funny once in a while and not so repetitive. We just wish Ms. Fey would make it funny once in a while and not so repetitive. We just wish Ms. Fey would make it funny once in a while and not so repetitive. We just wish Ms. Fey would make it funny once in a while and not so repetitive. [/subtlety]

7. Suburbanite...If that post is your idea of humor, we can be pretty sure you'll never be hired as a writer for SNL.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

It worked for Tina Fey.

9. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Exactly.

10. Cracker

Cracker Guest

As I was reading suburbanite's post, I suddenly found myself thinking, "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood. Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."

11. sportsed

sportsed Guest

The past three seasons have been beyond terrible, but last night's rerun with Jason Lee might have been the worst of a wretched lot.

12. SNL lost its direction after Sherry O'Terry and Will Ferrell left. The show has stunk since. Jimmy Fallon was horrible. Horatio Sanz is horrible, though I think his "Hi, I'm Carol" skit is good.

Draft saved Draft deleted