1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tina Fey officially leaving SNL

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deskgrunt50, Jul 22, 2006.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Any Hollywood Heads know the story behind the scar?

2. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

i saw the pilot for '30 rock' and it has a long way to go if it wants to last more than a season or even a half season. alec baldwin isn't bad and tracy morgan has his moments, but tina fey and rachel dratch were not funny. maybe it was supposed to be that way, that they are the butt of of the jokes.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I always found it interesting the outrage which would come up when anyone wanted to know about Fey's scar.

4. sportsed

sportsed Guest

'Zou, you and I will never agree on this point. I'm singing Haleuluiah about this.

5. sportsed

sportsed Guest

'Zou, you and I will never agree on this point. I'm singing Haleuluiah about this.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

There's no reason to cancel SNL. It always goes through cycles, as we all know. Besides, it's cheap to produce, and what else is NBC going to put at 11:30 Saturday night?

I love live sketch comedy. Sometimes, it crashes and burns. Sometimes it's great. That's part of the fun.

It certainly is time for major cast/writing changes. And Fey leaving might be a big part of that.

Everyone finds different things funny. I happen to think the first few years of Fey doing Update were extremely funny. Last few years, not so much.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If that sumbitch could learn not to crack up during skits, he might be okay. Otherwise, pull somebody else up from Second City or the Groundlings who can.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

That asshole cannot be made light of enough.

Not possible.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

SNL's biggest failure 10 years ago was not letting Tim Meadows do Weekend Update for at least a season. I think he would have been fannntastic.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Word.

11. Sly

Sly Active Member

I think I read mid-season that Lorne was going to have a blood-letting of at least four cast members. I'm not sure if that's happened or not ... I think it's time for a lot of people to take a walk on that show ...

I can make a case for getting rid of just about anybody. While Amy Poehler and Rachel Dratch can be funny, I'm so tired of seeing them again and again. They're solid but they've stopped surprising us. Obviously they're not the biggest problems, but it'd be nice to see them a bit less.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'd keep the two new guys and the new woman (don't know her name, but was the woman in the Two A-Holes sketches).

Probably keep Poehler and Keenan Thompson.

Everyone else is on the block.

Draft saved Draft deleted