1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tina Fey hosting SNL tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

She said "bitch is the new black"

As I referenced on another thread, John Lennon had that nailed 30 years ago.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You can't do a Chuck Barkley with a deep black voice.

Chrissakes.

3. VJ

VJ Member

That was the worst Barkley impression I've seen in my life.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Tina Fey, cheese crackers, all that.

5. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I'm surprised to learn of this love of Tina Fey. I almost can't tolerate her. I find her humor bland.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

metrosexuals hate her from what i understand.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'd love to see what the SNL writers deem unfunny.

Because this was another wet fart of a show.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

ketchup enima, anyone?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The writers did know the strike is over right? The best sketch of the night was the takeoff on There Will be Blood in the last half hour.

10. Makes me wonder, too. Do they go home at night after the show is all written high-fiving each other for a great job - or do they just resign themselves to the fact they did the best they could on a tight deadline?

I'm sure it's the latter.

They had forever to get this show done, but they're writers and I'm sure they prefer to work on deadline pressure. Sometimes the muse doesn't come so you have to prep in advance. They should have had at least one untimely gem in their pocket.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

They haven't had forever to get this show done. The strike just ended a week or so ago.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It sucked regardless of how long they had to get it done. It wasn't remotely funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted