1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tin Cup alert!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 5, 2009.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Love the Tin Cup soundtrack. Chris Isaac, Hornsby, bunch of good songs.

As the movie goes, good not great. Cheech Marin always makes a movie better.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

i like julie, sure, but rene is twice the woman ms. bowen is.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the movie in a while, he gives a whole speech about how he can pay in the US Open by going through two phases of qualifying? Then he plays only in the one where he breaks most of his clubs and is in the Open. I'm sure they wanted to dial down the golf scenes, but that makes no sense.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

With the exception of the obligatory obsequious reference to Johnny Miller and the '73 U.S. Open.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Big Rene Russo fan. And I'll admit Julie Bowen doesn't hold a candle to her in Happy Gilmore. Now, in Boston Legal or Weeds? OH YEAH! That woman has aged very nicely. Both have, in fact.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I have both "Tin Cup" and "Caddyshack" (perhaps a little too proud of this fact).

I like both, obviously, but "Caddyshack" easily over "Tin Cup." The latter tries to be a drama at times. The former is pure comedy from the first frame to the last, and doesn't try to masquerade as anything else.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He played in two. The first one, a sectional, was when he finished the back nine with his 7-iron. The next one was when the fat guy gave out carrying the bag. That was a sectional.
    I know the movie was bad, but pay attention.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Totally choked on the 2nd tourney. looked up the script on line and I had no recollection of that scene.

9. Tin Cup is so much fun, until the 18th hole; that whole scene RUINED that movie--Renee Russo notwithstanding. She's an all-time HOF'r, just a whole lot of awesome in that woman.
    BTW, Tin Cup is nowhere near the stratosphere of Caddyshack. Um No.

Draft saved Draft deleted