1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Times-Pic sportswriter arrested in Internet sex sting

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by franticscribe, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Maybe it should have been a clue that the 15 year old had her own apartment ... and a beard ... and a badge ... and back hair.

2. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

on the real, is it appropriate to send a resume to the TP?

3. Yes. Very appropriate, especially before they announce an opening. Editors like that kind of thing.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Is this fireable? [/sarcasm]

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

All I'm saying is that there's an opening now AND that I'd like to try out the Bayou at some point in my life.

I'm not the one who tried to stick my doodle in a 15-year-old girl's al dente noodle.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He could have easily gotten one of the skanks that troll here late at night instead. I'm pretty sure they are all over 18.

7. Who says there is an opening? The Times-Picayune did a lot of reorganizing after Katrina. Veterans were pushed out the door and not replaced. There is a strong likelihood they will make more adjustments from within and cover the LSU beat with current personnel, at least for football season. I'm not sure I'd count on them making a hire.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Good point.

I'd like to address that point: "Helllllooooo, point." [/Norton]

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If you DO send a resume, downplay your American Girls collection and your autographed photo of Jojo.

10. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Maybe him and the Muncie, Ind. guy can start a magazine together or something?

11. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Didn't want this to get lost in the shuffle.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Wow. Color me stunned. This sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.