1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Times of Northwest Indiana Sports Editor opening

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by hwkcrz1, Mar 21, 2011.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You have always amazed me with how much you know about every job opening in the country. It's absolutely ... something.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'm not drip, but I vividly remember the Bowker deal, 'twas the subject of a lengthy thread.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

WTF? I haven't said squat about this job. I damn sure didn't give any insight.
    What's your issue with me for saying that Paul is out here and perhaps he can shed some light on the gig?

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

None. Baby, I'm just amazed.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Again, WTF is so amazing about my not making a comment about a gig? There are plenty of gigs I don't comment on.

6. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

And we thank you for that. We wish you would do more (less?) in that area.

7. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

Pretty sure the guy is just joking around. The "Baby, I'm amazed" is part of a hit song from awhile ago.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

ditto

9. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

Drip doesn't get jokes. I tried one with him, and it fell flat.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't do jokes very well.

11. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

I saw that the Daily Press took a month to accept applications, but does this shop have that long? It's only been just under three weeks, but since they're without an SE for the better part of a year, I figure they might want to put a rush on it.

12. Hate-Miser2

Hate-Miser2 Member

I'm guessing it would be the complete opposite of that rationale. They've been without an SE for 10 out of the last 12 months (or whatever), and the bosses notice that the papers have still been hitting their doorsteps every day. Why rush to pay someone to fill the position, when this stopgap approach has been getting the job done for this long?

And I'm sorry, but I find it ridiculous funny the notion of Justin getting a good promotion at the Times, and on the same day calling the Tribune to try and get on there. If it's true, I think that is very telling of the environment at the Times. And while it's not as poor form as sliding a resignation letter under the door of HR in the middle of the night, it's not too far off that level of sleaziness.

Draft saved Draft deleted