1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Times - Jet/ Giant Beat Coverage

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Boom_70, Sep 28, 2007.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Why do I suspect that your "African-American colleagues" perceive you the same way people on this board perceive you?

2. boots

boots New Member

How does this board perceive me Ragu? Better yet, how do you perceive me since you can't speak for the board?

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Oh, I'm sure the phrase "only Oreo in the sugar bowl" goes over well with his "African-American colleagues."

That was an offensive statement, boots. You should apologize.

4. boots

boots New Member

If it offended anyone. I apologize. By the way, the phrase is fly in the sugar bowl and I've since fixed it.
    Now, I'll put it in a way that hopefully isn't so offensive. Bill Rhoden is the only African American writer on the staff.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Oy.

Just passing through, but oy.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If you weren't the densest human on earth (not to mention, the kind of person who makes up BS stories to draw attention to himself), you'd know how the board perceives you. Dozens (I'll conservatively stick to a low estimate, not taking into account the dozens that just ignore you) of people have weighed in on thread after thread on which you have interjected your nonsense, commenting about your persona and your know-it-all, contrarian-just-to-be-contrarian posts, which are designed--as everything else you do on here is--to draw attention to yourself. Only a complete maroon or someone lacking sufficient mental capacity could have your history on this board and not know how you are perceived by people without it having to be spelled out (which jgmacg did anyhow with that list that got a near-unanimous "hear hear" from everyone who saw it).

I know, I know. Take it to PM, be safe out there, I post in a way unbecoming of a moderator in your esteemed estimation, I need to find myself a "gal" to lay cheesy, disgusting lines on, I should keep my posts to the topic of oreos in sugar bowls and everyone should have a happy Gene Banks recruitment day, "son."

7. Moondoggy

Moondoggy Member

Dave Anderson left?
    Is that common knowledge or did we bury the lede here?

8. boots

boots New Member

Yes Dave's been gone about two weeks now. There's a nice tribute thread about him somewhere.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Common knowledge, I'm afraid. He's gone into a genteel state of semi-retirement, and will do only a few emeritus columns here and there. Announced, I think, two weeks ago.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

who is greg bishop? did he intern at the star-ledger? name rings a bell. ??? ??? ???

11. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Boots,

You asked for it with that moronic remark about the Oreo in the Sugar Bowl, since edited. But we move back to the original topic now.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

if this is true, man, am i going to miss stories like these on the jets from the times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/30/sports/football/30jets.html?ref=sports

obviously, i tease. i don't know how the sarcasm font works. "are you my mother? was a dr. seuss book, no?

Draft saved Draft deleted