1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Times buys Tampa Trib

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BDC99, May 3, 2016.

1. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

Production hiring was completed in February, when the Times began printing the Tribune.

It's my understanding there are a handful of hirings from circulation, and perhaps none from advertising. By my count, there were four newsroom hires from the Tribune/TBO (out of about 80).

The staffs of Highlands Today (a daily published by the Tribune) and some of the weeklies were assimilated by the Times, but I don't believe they count toward the 265 formerly employed by the Tribune.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

My understanding is the Times did hire almost every press room employee willing to make the much longer commute. I specifically asked if they would be retained and was told they would be with the added products.

3. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

Times has hired a new sports editor. You will recognize the name. Credit to them. Getting Fennelly was huge. So is this. Much stronger today than they were two months ago.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's not the Moddy pipeline, but the sources bear this out.

Mike Sherman is the new SE.

Draft saved Draft deleted