1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Times are tough: What's the best cheapest beer?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oggiedoggie, Oct 8, 2008.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Dumb, da dumb, dumb, dumb.

I think you mean "Simple," right? :D

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

But those things are essential. Beer just seems essential. It'd be like saying it'd be better to go without sex than to pay 20 bucks for a rim job from a toothless 500-pound retard, just because that's the best you can swing.

in b4 dozens of in-jokes

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

You are simple right, pall. ;D

4. pallister

pallister Guest

But I can spell.

Really, though, on the list of things I care about, who drinks what beer is about 1,234,576,893rd on the list.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

OK, so only the rich should drink beer? When did you turn into an old, crotchety Republican, sp? OK, the old and crotchety parts, eons ago, but the last part?

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

At best... maybe even a little lower on the list.

And I spell very well, I just have typing lapses

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Yes, dools, because this Republican is a rich guy who likes only the finest in alcoholic beverages. Yeesh.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

And this middle class moderate Democrat won't drink cheap shit beer or bar stock booze.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Moderate my ass. :)

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Why, are your cheeks in conflict?

11. I don't think I want to see the answer.

12. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

The only thing rookie about this situation is letting the bottom third get too tasteless for you. Sure, Mickey's carved out a niche with the hand grenades, but when it comes down to it, all malt liquor is meant to be served in a 40-oz. bottle. Deuces are acceptable, but Florida gets no respect with the 32-oz. limit. And if you can't finish a 40 before the last bit gets too nasty, then you shouldn't be drinking a 40 in the first place.

As for the original question, I'd go with 40s of 8-ball or Mickey's. St. Ides or Steel Reserve will work too but most likely will cause more of a headache the day after. And never count out Private Stock.

Draft saved Draft deleted