1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time wasting, geography-style

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by deskslave, Nov 23, 2007.

1. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

1 km from Baghdad. Total fluke.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

After playing through a couple dozen times, I've found a trick for Brazil. Most of the big cities are on the southeast coast. If you're not sure, click there and you should be close enough to get at least a couple thousand points. The exception is Brasilia, which is just east and south of the middle of the country.
    I keep getting tripped up on the African countries. There's just so many of them, and they're all so small they blur together. Anything in the middle of China, or east of the Urals in Russia is also a pain in the ass.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Damn. I got within 14 kms of Vegas and thought I was good.

My favorite landmark so far - Fenway Park, United States.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Level 1, 7,500 or something. I was on the wrong continent on two of the five or six.

5. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

I keep getting hung up on Level 10. Africa and small island nations are killing me.

6. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

First try, Level 11, 466,853.

This would be a hell of a game show.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Level 10 first try, then I got smoked. Totally hooked.

8. I've made it to Level 11 a few times, and missed advancing this morning to 12 by about 6,000 points.

I'm completely addicted. Must brush up on Africa, and remote islands off the coast of Norway.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I got within two answers of beating the damn thing yesterday. Made it to level 12 and finished with 52,000 points (you need 60,000 to advance). Has anyone gotten closer yet?

10. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Level 10 -- the various "istans" around Russia/Turkey/Iran threw me for a loop, but not as much as the various Far East mini-islands. WHEW

11. Batman,

I finally beat 11 last night at got to 46,000 on 12. ... That island between Greenland and Norway keeps throwing me for a loop.

Draft saved Draft deleted