1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time wasting, geography-style

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by deskslave, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I made it through 5 levels, but my 27,000 or so points wasn't enough.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I finally made it to level 11 (heh...this game goes to 11). Then they started throwing the 'Stans at me, and those tiny countries that you know are either in Africa or the Caribbean but don't know which, and random cities in China and Australia, and you only have four seconds to answer...My head hurts just thinking about it.

3. azom

azom Member

Made it to level 12 finally. 531,053 points. This game has become an addiction.

4. Level 10 obliterated me.

An embarrassing showing for someone who was the 8th grade regional geography bee champ.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I still keep getting stopped at Level 6.. only made it to Level 7 once or twice.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

There are 12 levels. The girl can destroy this game.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Finally made it to level 12 this morning, then got obliterated by three or four Chinese cities I've never heard of and an African capital to be named later. I'm learning a lot from this game.

8. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

level 11 on the first shot. Australia kicked my ass, unfortunately. How can I throw the dart exactly on Dhaka, Bangladesh (km off ... 2. seriously) but not find something or another bay in Oz?

490,357 pts.

this will be tonight's distraction from Monday Night Football.

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I got to Level 5 finally. That included nailing down Bolivia's capital within 2 km.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I smacked up everything until level 8 ... then I was bent over the table.

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

What is the closest someone got when pin-pointing a landmark or a city? I got within 2 km. It was a stab in the dark.

12. First try: Level 10, 385,711. I'm a geography nerd, though.

The later-round African/Caribbean questions hurt me, but what brought me down were the obscure Brazilian cities. Damn. Big country, and it hurts when you're off by a lot.

I think I got within 60 km of Myrtle Beach.

On an all-American note, try this for fun (and note that it requires a lot more time than finding Gabon and the capital of Equatorial Guinea):

http://www.mob-rule.com/counties/

Draft saved Draft deleted