1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time Traveller discovered at Charlie Chaplin movie premiere...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I always suspected you were a Bilderberger.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

If that were a Twilight Zone episode, we'd find out she's actually a traveller from the future and that the scene is not from 1929 but from 2200 and that she's speaking into some new form of communication that we cannot even imagine right now.

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I don't even think there would be a transistor radio by conventional wisdom yet.

The whole "well, who the hell would she be talking to" and how was it transmitted is interesting.

I'm thinking immediately of Star Trek and City on the Edge of Forever.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's pretty cool, though it's not unusual to see people on the streets talking to themselves -- even folks without phones.

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

my question is this: If we ever did find definitive evidence of time travel, would that change anything? All we would know is that in the future is we have that ability. We already know that it is theoretically possible. Would we have an international manhunt to capture and interrogate a timetraveler? And wouldn't they already know about the capture?

/Is really Rod Serling

6. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Isn't it only theoretically possible to travel forward through time?

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

So it would be impossible to go back?

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I'm convinced. It's true.

But when the battery goes dead, where will she find 1.21 gigawatts to charge it?

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Especially back then after a decade of alcohol deprivation.

12. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

That video has all the makings of a hoax and in two weeks, after going viral and appearing on Good Morning America, it's actually going to be a commercial for an iPhone or a Droid or the new Windows phone.

Draft saved Draft deleted