1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time to talk about The Wire-No. 49 (contains spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stupid, Nov 28, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You got these off the boat, DD?

What, in winter? In a couple of months. Fringe benefit. Can't catch crabs in Homicide, right?

Uh-uh. Except maybe the occasional emergency room nurse every now and again. Ooh. Need some air in here.

Leave it, leave it, leave it. I don't need the hassle if Moddy comes past.

You're not the run-of-the-mill kind of asshole, are you, DD? You're a special kind of asshole.

I'm special, right.

How long did it take you to figure out the tides took that girl over the county line?

Three hours.

Three hours... With your little harbor maps and your tide tables just to stick Moddy with an extra poster. Never mind that you just fucked Fenian with a stone "whodunit".

That's collateral damage.

Yeah. Are you gonna waste that crab gut? You're a pussy, beside, DD... We... We need Omar, DD.

You see this, 13 girls?

Yeah, I heard about it.

Who caught it?

It ain't ours. Port police has jurisdiction over Patapsco. Ain't gonna be a murder either, so who gives a fuck? Listen, DD, I ain't got no case on Bird unless that crazy motherfucker Omar testifies. You hear me?
    It's time you show Zeke the love.

You want love, you come and sit on my lap.

Shit.

2. Was I hallucinating or, during the scene where Bubbles' friends are encouraging him to poison his stash, did one of them drop the name Junior Bunk?

For those, like me, who loved the Homicide show, Bunk was the guy--played by a young Mekhi Phifer--who played Luther Mahoney's nephew and shot up the squad room at the end of Season 6 before he was gunned down by G and others.

I rewound--yay OnDemand--and every time, it certainly SOUNDED like that was the name.

If so, I love little crossovers like that. And that the pompous Barnfather from Homicide was Omar's money man Orlando in season one. And that Luther Mahoney was the ME in the early seasons.

3. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

DD you're my hero.

That scene contained one of my two favorite lines in The Wire (both by Omar):

Omar: Just like you

Lawyer: Excuse me?

Omar: I got the shotgun. You got the briefcase. It's all in the game though, right?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Omar: "This ain't the (mofo) who came up with 62 ways for the peanut!

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

DD: This episode won’t save you Zeke, it won’t fill your ass up.

Zeke: I don’t know. A good storyline...

DD: Ends. They all end. ... The next morning it’s just you in the room with yourself.

Zeke: ... until the next case ...

DD: Hey, a life, Zeke. ... You know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you wait for the episodes that never come.

Just to hold you guys over for a few more days, depending on how into the show you are, David Simon did a couple of exclusive interviews with AOL this year that I didn't read until yesterday. Definitely worth checking out.

His Q & A from prior to this season:

http://members.aol.com/TheWireHBO/exclusive-1.html

His Q & A from a few days ago:

http://members.aol.com/TheWireHBO/exclusive4-1.html

Some good stuff in here about those who ruin episodes with others by posting spoilers...

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That's great!

Nobody on the other thread could last longer than BYH!

Draft saved Draft deleted