1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time to talk about The Wire-No. 49 (contains spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stupid, Nov 28, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Look on the bright side, folks.

For us, there is still a new episode of the Wire left.

Those greedy-ass, Hoggy McHoggerson's went and gobbled up the whole season already.

Which means we'll be one week closer to the next season.

But in honor of DD, I'm breaking out my season three DVD's and watching Dead Soldiers tonight.

2. Maybe my favorite scene from the whole series, and it was in honor of a VERY minor character. The beauty of The Wire, no?
    I've searched youtube more than once hoping to track it down, but no dice. I am going to break down and buy the DVDs anyway.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Only four more days.

I WILL make it.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Oh, and screw everybody on the other thread.

Bunch of Christmas Eve present openin' mofo's over there.

We're keeping it real on the Ep 49 thread.

Pig fuckers.

5. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

What, you never opened the wrapping on your christmas presents just a bit to see what they were before the big day? If you had OnDemand you'd do the same thing.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Actually, I could head over to the folks place and watch on on Demand.

I'm holding out.

Pig fuckers.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

We got that WMD over here, Zeke. Ain't no joke.

Plus, we've got youtube clips of some of the best Wire scenes ever.

Like Omar testifying against Bird Hilton:

I think my favorite part, other than the punking of Levy, is when Omar winks at Bird when Bird freaks out and tries to jump over the table.

"How many times have you been arrested as an adult, Mr. Little?"

"I done lost count. Enough to know not to take it personal."

Like "The King stay the King."

Like "This is America, Man."

Or, "Fuck me."

(Maybe the best non-writing, writing ever.)

Stringer and Avon, "Just dream with me for awhile."

Or even, "Na, it can't be that Dink. That Dink be dead."

Wake up and die right, you c.u.n.t.s.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

DD --

Have I told you you're the man?

9. Double Down

Zeke, we all got roles to play.

Me? I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick.

Well, maybe I'm giving myself too much credit.

I ain't all that humble.

10. Double Down

Zeke, remember when we were talking about where to get transcripts from some of the episodes? I still don't know, but I found a website that has all the closed-captioning from a bunch of Season 2 episodes. It would be nice if they had all of it, but you get all the text from "All Prologue" which is one of my favorite episodes ever, because of the D'Angelo scene with Richard Price, talking about The Great Gatsby.

http://www.siliconvalleyfrogs.com/thewire/

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

DD -- You've got a role, but you need to look the part. For you I would suggest some pantsuits, perhaps muted in color, something to offset The Good Doc's pinstripe lawyerly affectations and the brash tweedy impertinence of Zeke12. Moddy is watching on this one, let's at least pretend like we got a fucking clue.

Tweedy impertinence? I like that.

12. Double Down

Listen to me Zeke, you fuck. You did a lot of shit here. You played a lot of fucking cards on this thread, and made a lot of people do a lot of fucking things they didn’t want to do. This is true. We both know this is true. You, Zeke, are a gaping asshole. We both know this. Fuck if everybody on SportsJournalists.com doesn’t know it. But fuck if I’m gonna stand here and say you did a single fucking thing as bad as revealing spoilers like Whitlock did, ok? You did not do this, you fucking hear me? That is not on you. No, it isn’t, asshole. Believe it or not, everything isn’t about you. And the motherfucker saying this, he hates your guts, Zeke. So you know if it was on you, I’d be the son of a bitch to say so. Shit went bad. Pube may have to take two for the company. That’s the only lesson here.

(Damn, this is so much more fun that actual work.)

Draft saved Draft deleted